CHECKING YOUR TANK LEVEL
In order to keep your home warm, your oil appliance operating efficiently, and to avoid repair costs, we recommend keeping your tank at least 1/4 full (around 12″ of fuel for a standard 275 gallon tank).
To determine how much oil is in your tank, you may purchase a measuring stick from Cockerham Energy.
Not sure how much fuel is in your tank? Follow the directions below to determine your fuel level.
- Lower the stick into your tank as straight as possible until it gently touches the bottom.
- Remove the stick from the tank and note how many inches up the stick the oil reached.
- Measure the dimensions of your tank.
- Click the link below to open the interactive tank calculator.
- Select Tank Type.
- Enter the tank dimensions and inches of fuel measured into the calculator to estimate your fuel level.
If you have difficulty in determining your fuel level, please call us and we will be happy to help!