As a locally owned and operated petroleum and propane service provider, Cockerham Energy remains dedicated to going above and beyond for its customers, serving them the old-fashioned way with integrity and superior customer service.
It all began in October 1945 when Milo Cockerham operated Parkview Service Station on South Main Street in Galax where he sold Gulf Oil products. In 1956, Mr. Cockerham purchased the local Gulf Oil Distributorship. Here he offered heating oil, kerosene, gasoline, and Gulfpride motor oils to consumers, dealers, farmers, and commercial customers. His high ethics and honesty from his humble beginnings are still a cornerstone of the business. Over the years, the business has expanded into a diversified energy provider, convenience stores, food, and hospitality. Today the company continues to operate as locally owned having second and third generation family members involved in the business.